Intern II - Community Engagement/Marketing
- $26,721.00 - $45,387.00 Annually
- Downtown Dallas, TX
- Job Type
- Planning & Urban Design
- Job Number
- Position Purpose
Community Engagement/Marketing (Intern II)
(Non-Civil Service Position)
The City of Dallas Planning and Urban Design Department is seeking an intern for the Fall. The incumbent will office in Dallas City Hall. The Planning and Urban Design Department key functions include Strategic Planning and Policy, Urban Design, Neighborhood Vitality, and Community Engagement. Interns will have an opportunity to work closely with city staff, Dallas residents and stakeholders, and local agencies on a wide variety of city initiatives, programs and projects depending on interest and skills.
Applicants majoring in communications, government/political science, and sociology are encouraged to apply
- Essential Functions
- Assist with the design and creation of public outreach tools and exhibits to help create awareness, engage and inform about urban design
- Assist with planning and executing community meetings/workshop/charrettes, staff workshops, and public outreach events
- Assists with a variety of tasks related to community engagement, capacity building and outreach for planning and urban design project needs
- Helps to promote and engage through website and social media channels.
- Experience maintaining non-personal social media accounts like Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Google+, Pinterest, etc.
- Assist in coordinating and administering planning, urban design and community development education and outreach programs
- Research and documentation
- Minimum Qualifications
- Working towards a bachelor's or master's degree and a genuine interest and passion for urban, sustainability, community issues related to today's city
- Applicants majoring in communications, government/political science, and sociology are encouraged to apply
Interns will work 20-30 hours each week. Days and hours are flexible. Some evening and weekends. This position has an anticipated state date of 10/15/2016.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Desire to engage a variety of culturally diverse communities
- Interest in community organizing
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suites
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively
- Collaborative and professional work ethic