Course credit for internships
Course credit for internships
Students who are interested in obtaining credit for internships should first secure an internship with a provider. Once confirmed, contact Dr. Hudak, for permission to register for GEOG 4920/5900.You will be required to compile a portfolio during the course of your internship and provide a letter of assessment from the internship provider. Both will be used to determine a "grade" for the course.
Tuesday, July 8, 2014
Job Title: Environmental Education Coordinator
Department: Sustainability & Environmental Services
Job Code: 3T780.1 (Recy)
The Environmental Education Coordinator is responsible for coordinating recycling, waste reduction, reuse, proper solid waste management, litter prevention, presentations and activities for schools, community and civic groups, and businesses.
1. Develops and organizes programs and activities for schools, businesses, community organizations, neighborhood associations and the City.
2. Researches and evaluates existing programs (operational & educational) to identify effectiveness, impacts and areas to explore/emphasize.
3. Develops new programs to increase participation in recycling and environmental programming for specific segments of community, including schools, businesses, civic organizations, and neighborhood associations.
4. Recruits, trains and supervises work activities of volunteers as necessary to meet established goals.
5. Designs and prepares presentations, press action requests, newsletters articles, brochures, flyers and other public awareness materials for recycling environmental education programs.
6. Conducts community outreach activities including Texas Recycles Day, Great American Cleanup, Electronic recycling, Environmental Community Awards Banquet, and Live Green Expo.
7. Maintains record keeping for monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
8. Prepares information and completes requirements for eligible grants and award applications.
9. Coordinates monthly Electronic Collection and coordinates contract with recycling vendor.
10. Monitors monthly Electronic Collection, keep records on tonnage, completes reporting.
11. Participates in local, regional, and national organizations focused on environmental education and community outreach goals and objectives including Keep America Beautiful, Keep Texas Beautiful, Recycling Coalition of Texas, Solid Waste Association of North America, and North Central Texas Council of Governments Metroplex Recycling Committee.
12. Must formulate program goals and objectives and identify appropriate activities and functions to meet those objectives.
The incumbent must formulate program goals and objectives and identify appropriate activities and functions to meet those objectives.
Must have a working knowledge of environmental issues, solid waste services, teaching and public education practices, especially associated with recycling programs.
Position requires effective persuasive presentation, verbal and written communication skills; skills in organizing events/activities; skills in recruiting, leading and maintaining a strong volunteer base.
60 semester hours of college-level courses in Public Relations, Communications, Public Education, Environmental Education, Environmental Science or related field.
Two years experience in program management or teaching.
Any work related experience resulting in acceptable proficiency levels in the above Minimum Qualifications is an acceptable substitute for the above specified education and experience requirements.
Licenses and Certificates:
Texas Class ‘C’ Driver’s license.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
To apply go to follow the link and look for Job ID 214251