The RESESS Internship is a multi-summer internship program, primarily funded by NSF OEDG, that is dedicated to increasing diversity in the geosciences. RESESS encourages applications from individuals who are members of a group that is historically underrepresented in the Earth sciences, and from students who can demonstrate experience working towards to raising awareness about the importance of the geosciences among broad or diverse segments of the population. This program is hosted by UNAVCO, Inc., in Boulder, Colorado.
The application deadline is February 1.
A successful candidate usually will:
- Have completed the equivalent of two years of college
- Have at least one semester of college remaining after the initial summer program
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Have completed several courses in geology, physical geography, hydrology, environmental sciences, math, physics, geophysics, or engineering
- Be interested in pursuing a career in the Earth or environmental sciences or related science
- Have U.S. citizenship or permanent-resident status. Sorry, no exceptions
- Be comfortable with all internship requirements [PDF] such as living in Boulder, Colorado, for the summer