Transportation & Planning Services (TPS) Division
The position is responsible for supporting short-range and long-range planning efforts and regional performance based planning process for the metropolitan planning organization (MPO). Other responsibilities may include coordination of related committees and/or subcommittees, transportation data analysis, and assisting in the coordination of regional safety and security initiatives. Makes frequent decisions important to the projects for which he/she has responsibility.
POSSIBLE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Engage and coordinate with local, state and federal entities, as well as other stakeholders concerning performance based planning, congestion management, Intelligent Transportation Systems, traffic incident management, safety and security initiatives
- Collect, update, and analyze supporting transportation planning data, utilizing GIS software, as well as other software as needed
- Assist with STP-UZA project evaluation and funding monitoring, and monitor the status of federally and locally funded transportation projects
- Assist with research and maintain awareness of current federal law regarding the transportation planning process
- Develop, update, and edit short-range and long-range transportation planning technical reports including annual reporting of progress towards regional targets
- Draft technical and policy recommendations related to performance based planning
- Support various committees and public outreach events
- Handle assignments outside daily tasks
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS
No supervisory responsibilities.
Primarily indoors with occasional local travel required.
Irregular hours of work may occasionally be required.
This job will be performed primarily at the Association's offices, 4205 N. Lincoln Blvd., Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
HOW TO APPLY
Send cover letter, resume, and application to Beverly Garner, Association of Central Oklahoma Governments, 4205 N. Lincoln Blvd., Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73105 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.