GIS Analyst I
Full Time Position
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Required experience with GIS and ESRI Software Products (ArcGIS Desktop and Extensions, ArcPad, ArcGIS Server, ArcSDE) in an enterprise environment.
Education, Training and Experience:
Degree in GIS, Geography, Computer Science, or related discipline required.
1-2 years experience with a Master’s Degree
2-4 years experience with a Bachelor’s Degree
4-5 years experience with an Associate’s Degree
Certification or License:
A valid TX Driver’s License required.
Salary Range: $40k-$45k DOQ.
To apply: http://www.trwd.com/Employment
Typical Duties (Major):
- Responsible for creating, developing, maintaining, and updating map and database layersin support of TRWD’s Enterprise GIS Operations.
- Creates and\or develops GIS data layers utilizing the most appropriate ESRI softwaretools available to produce high quality results; data creation tasks may include conversionof data (CADD, GPS, as-built drawings, digital scans) into an appropriate GIS file format (shapefile, file and\or ArcSDE geodatabase, and a raster dataset).
- Maintains proper documentation of map and database layers, to include metadata, data processing tasks, and data dictionaries.
- Responsible for creating accurate, customized, and visually appealing maps and report for various District Departments.
- Responsible for providing GIS assistance and project support to District GIS users and District Non-GIS Users, including troubleshooting software-related issues and\or performing complex spatial analysis of geographic data on their behalf.
- Manages the utilization of, and utilizes GPS equipment to collect field data, and converts it into an appropriate GIS file format (shapefile, file and\or ArcSDE geodatabase).
- Assists with training and development of other GIS technical staff, and develops training materials as needed.
- Develops quality control\assurance plans and procedures to ensure GIS data layers are accurate, useable, and of the highest quality possible.
- Installs and maintains GIS software on District computers.
- Manages tasks and projects as assigned by the Senior GIS Analyst.
- Assists the Senior GIS Analyst in the implementation, administration, and maintenance of TRWD’s Enterprise GIS Systems, including ArcGIS Server-based web mapping applications and web-enabled map services, and multiple Enterprise ArcSDE geodatabases.
- Assists the Senior GIS Analyst with geodatabase design and implementation as individual project needs and District needs dictate.
- Writes scripts and simple programs to automate repetitive task or streamline processes.
- Participates in the design, development and testing of desktop, web, and field mapping
- A valid TX Driver’s License required.
- Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or Master’s degree in GIS, Geography, Computer Science, or related discipline required.
- Required experience with GIS and ESRI Software Products (ArcGIS Desktop and Extensions, ArcPad, ArcGIS Server, ArcSDE) in an enterprise environment.
- 1-2 years experience with a Master’s Degree
- 2-4 years experience with a Bachelor’s Degree
- 4-5 years experience with an Associate’s Degree
- Must be highly knowledgeable and proficient with the geodatabase file format. Experience with MS SQL Server 2005\2008 and enterprise geodatabase functions such as versioning, archiving, and replication are a plus.
- Must have experience working with GPS and the implementation of derived information into ArcGIS.
- Must have vast knowledge of and be self-sufficient with analysis processes utilizing ArcGIS tools and applications.
- Must have good analytical, problem solving, and communication skills, and have an aptitude for brainstorming and problem solving.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a large and small team environment. Must be at a level to perform a high percentage of tasks independently.
- Knowledge of CADD software packages and\or programming languages such as Python and NET are a plus.
Personal Computer and related peripherals, global positioning system (GPS), office equipment and
Sight, hearing, speech and use of hands is required. Requires the ability to read, write and analyze
problems such that accurate decisions can be made relative to program development. Requires
speaking skills necessary to make presentations and provide training to District employees. Use of
feet and legs, ability to walk on difficult terrain, and ability to climb ladders is required for
occasional field work. Requires the ability to reason at a level such that data can be organized and